- 2 pounds beef tenderloin roast (900 g)
- 1 tablespoon of Herbes De Provence
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt (5 ml)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, crushed (5 ml)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Press combined ingredients evenly onto the surface of the beef tenderloin. Place beef on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Do not cover beef or place water at the bottom. Allow roast to cook for 35 to 40 minutes for medium rare.
- When meat thermometer reads 135 F, remove roast from the oven, cover it with aluminum foil and allow it to sit for 10 to 15 minutes. The temperature will rise to 145 F degrees allowing meat to reach a medium rare state. Transfer roast to a carving board and allow it to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting. Cut into ½ inch thick slices.
- Arrange desired number of slices of beef on a plate, expect silence and then gasps of total ecstasy.
Want to make a side to go with the beef? Homemade truffle fries perhaps? Click here
Check out some other recipes on The Purple Fig